What is Live Warning CCTV?
With the advancements in technology, criminals have now become more sophisticated in performing crimes. Our old security systems are no longer as effective as they used to be.This has made a lot of property owners face costly measures in the name of protecting their homes and business. With this change more and more people have turned to live warning closed-circuit television (CCTV) monitoring. In this time of increased crime rates, this service has become the fastest growing sector in security services. Aside from being highly efficient, it is also cost effective as it does not require on-site security guards to protect your property.
Live warning CCTV is a security solution that is designed to detect intruders using a specialized motion detection technology. The technology is incorporated to the CCTV cameras and audio equipment by installing sensors at the premises and connecting the system to a remote communication hub. The communication hub is maned by an operator who activates intervention protocols should crimes and other unwanted activities be detected and confirmed by the security system. All operators are required to be trained and licensed according to the Security Industry Authority (SIA) standards. Having alive warning CCTV system allows the property owner to intervene before a crime can take place. The system is also even capable of broadcasting a live audio warning to would be intruders. In most cases this already deters criminals from pursuing the deed. The CCTV cameras will also allow the operator to view the intruders leaving the premises via live video feed in real time. Below is a summary of how live CCTV monitoring works, its features, and its benefits.
How The System Generally Works:
- Using the internet, the CCTV cameras are linked to a remote communication hub. This will allow the CCTV footages to be immediately routed to the screens of the system operator.
- Motion and audio detectors along with a specialized software will be installed to enable the security system to intelligently monitor activities on site. As soon as it captures unusual activities it will trigger an alarm that will be routed to the security professional.
- Operators will manually monitor all on-site activities. They can move and zoom cameras, switch to other cameras for other perspectives, and rerun recent footages.
- The owner has the option to have the area monitored live 24/7, or choose the alternative of only activating the monitoring when the place is unattended.
How It Reacts to Identified Risks:
- A public address system will broadcast a live audio warning to the intruders via loudspeakers. According historical performance, nine (9) times out of ten (10) loudspeaker live audio warnings are enough to deter intruders from pursuing the site.
- The emergency services will be instantly notified from the remote communication hub for immediate action.
- The operators may also call key holders and anyone else the owner wish to be notified.
Key Features of Live Warning CCTV:
- Full access to site monitoring via the CCTV system whenever needed
- Intelligent video analytics that utilizes camera footages to intelligently detect movements on screen
- Moveable cameras controlled via remote
- Live audio warnings via public address system
- Security Industry Authority (SIA) licensed operators manually monitoring video feeds
- Modified capabilities designed to respond to intruders, fires, and other unwanted activities
Live Warning CCTV Benefits:
- Deterrent for preventing criminal activities
- Less cost compared to having security guards patrol the site
- 24/7 access to a surveillance system that tracks movements of potential intruders
- Immediate responses in the event of emergencies
- Online portals that allows key holders to see the actions taken by the external monitoring station
- Integration capabilities that allows streamlining alongside other building services